Imperigo - Ban appeal

5 replies
Imperigo OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+50
Votes:
Untagged users
IGNIGN: Imperigo
Punished ByPunished By: It doesn't say who banned me, it just says the reason.
Reason:Reason: Foul language
Why you feel you should have your punishment revoked:Why you feel you should have your punishment revoked: Hello fellow minecraft gamers!
I was banned recently due to the reason of my foul language. When I joined the server I was greeted and felt very comfortable which therefore led me to believe that it was a very open and relaxed server and that in return made me say the F word. I was punished immediately which seems fair. However, the severity of the punishment was something I expected. I was permanently banned from your delightful server. I am now regretting my decision to type out that horrendous word and I would really like to be able to play on your server again. If I would've been aware of the consequences of my crime, I would never had done it. Both my dear friends play on your amazing server and it would be a shame not to be able to play with them. If you give me a second chance, something that I think everyone deserves, I will be extremely grateful and will play according to your rules. I will be very nice to everyone and won't ever swear again.

Thank you for reading my ban appeal

Sincerely,
Your fellow christian boy, Imperigo
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
Sand Dollar:
+2,027
Votes:
+77
Well said
WELL SAID
Golden Key
First and foremost, thank you for submitting this appeal. I'm glad to see that you admitted to doing something that was perfectly within the realm of "getting beaned", as some of us would say. It is common sense you don't say "fuck you" to the 10 over people who welcomed you to the server. Now imagine yourself giving the finger to someone after he's invited you to his party. Exactly.

Also, it feels as if you don't have a modicum of remorse for what you just did. Simply put, we do not need people who show this level of disrespect to our players and/or staff. Sure, joke all you want, but I don't think throwing the F bomb was necessary. I agree everyone deserves a second chance, but that is if they're able to discern between common sense and stupidity, understand the reasons to which they were banned for and take the necessary actions (with the appropriate intentions) to do so, all 3 of which you have failed.

I wasn't the one who banned you, but this is my take on your ban appeal. It's up to Sanomi to decide if he accepts it or not.

Ban appeal moved to the appropriate section.
Posted Mar 3, 19 · Last edited Mar 3, 19 by MiniAthena
Agree
List
Undo
Sand Dollar:
+489
Votes:
+667
500 likes
500 LIKES
Swearing isn't against any rules we have here. You joined and within 10 seconds said "fuck you" to everyone.

edit:

I guess I should point out that we have very low tolerance (and in some cases with things like racism we have zero) for players who are in the beginning rank (vagabond) who act like this. The reasons for this are quite simple:

Are you a hacker about to jack up our shit?
Are you a banned player on an alt and gonna talk smack?
Are you about to advertise another server?
Are you gonna advertise something else?
Are you just a trolly person and wanna stir some drama?

We don't know this, and as such we scrutinize BRAND new player much more heavily.
fl8k29t.png
Posted Mar 3, 19 · Last edited Mar 3, 19 by mudge002
Agree
List
Undo
Imperigo OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+50
Votes:
Untagged users
I absolutely agree with how you reason. It was definetely unnecessary and uncalled for to drop the F bomb, and I won't do it again. However, even though I believe I should be punished for the disrespect towards the kind players of your server, i don't think a permanent ban is fair. I believe either a mute or a temporary ban would be better. I still think that I should get a second chance, and I can promise you that i won't swear or harass players again on your server. It was a stupid mistake which I now regret. Also, even though it was dumb to say it, I don't think any of the players that was online at the time got offended at what I said. I completely understand that it was unnecessary, but it was also harmless. Therefore, a permanent ban too harsh.

- Imperigo
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
Imperigo OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+50
Votes:
Untagged users
I don't think I failed to understand what I did wrong. I do understand what I did wrong, and I know that I won't or shouldn't do it again. All I'm asking of you is to give me a second chance.
Posted Mar 3, 19 · OP
Sanomi78 FURY
Sand Dollar:
+5,753
Votes:
+115
Clearly you have a point
CLEARLY YO...
Fury
After talking with the rest of staff we have decided to uphold the ban. This appeal has been denied.
Posted Mar 3, 19
Top Posters
1054 Posts
412 Posts
368 Posts
NoticeNotices