9 replies
jbndis1 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+395
Votes:
Untagged users
Username: jbndis1

Current in-game rank: Malestrom/Nomad

How many hours can you be active per day: 3-4 Monday to Thursday 5-9 Friday As many as needed on the weekend.

Position applying for: Admin

Why are you interested in applying: I love the game and want to help out however i can. But i have experience running and managing many server's so i don't want to be overqualified for my position.

Additional comments: Ask me anything you need/want to know so i can prove i know what i am doing.

~Nicholas
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 2, 19 by jbndis1
Sand Dollar:
+474
Votes:
+659
500 likes
500 LIKES
jbndis1 wrote:
Additional comments: Ask me anything you need/want to know so i can prove i know what i am doing.

Why are all your comments double?
fl8k29t.png
Posted Feb 2, 19
jbndis1 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+395
Votes:
Untagged users
Sorry when i set the stuff to be red i right clicked on it which created a copy of it i forgot to delete the last one...
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP
Sand Dollar:
+474
Votes:
+659
500 likes
500 LIKES
Using PermissionsEx and WorldGuard, do you have any suggestions on how I might retroactively flag hundreds of people for a world guarded region using an existing permission? I wanna give like 400+ people access to specific regions but I am unsure how to do that efficiently.
fl8k29t.png
Posted Feb 2, 19
jbndis1 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+395
Votes:
Untagged users
Use Groups. "Sometimes, it may be desired for a flag to only apply to a certain group of players rather than everyone that should enter the region. This can be achieved by specifying an additional “region group” when defining the flag, of which there are several options:

all (everyone)
members
owners
nonmembers
nonowners
The group can be specified using the -g marker as illustrated below:

/region flag spawn -g nonmembers pvp deny
It is not possible to set the same flag to different values for more than one group on the same region. If you need that functionality, consider making several regions." From: https://worldguard.enginehub.org/en/latest/regions/flags/
p.s. The correct term is recursive.
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP
Sand Dollar:
+917
Votes:
+23
Desert Rookie
DESERT ROO...
Fury
Hello jbndis, we appreciate that you want to become staff to help the server, but there are some things I must go over.

Admin is something earned, not just given right off the bat. Everyone starts off as a trial-mod and works their way up, no matter how qualified they think they are. It's just how we do things.

For the moment though, we are not looking for any positions to be filled, but do not let that deter you from applying again in the future! We hope to see you in game having fun with us!
Posted Feb 2, 19
jbndis1 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+395
Votes:
Untagged users
Alright thanks for the quick read-over. The only question/issue i have is the fact that since Mudge originally replied to the application i thought that meant he/she would be the one handling it so i don't know why you are the one declining it?
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 2, 19 by jbndis1
Sand Dollar:
+917
Votes:
+23
Desert Rookie
DESERT ROO...
Fury
Recruiting is the Head Admin's job. Mudge simply had a question for you is all.
Posted Feb 2, 19
jbndis1 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+395
Votes:
Untagged users
Alright just checking, Thank you.
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP
Sand Dollar:
+474
Votes:
+659
500 likes
500 LIKES
wrote:
Use Groups. "Sometimes, it may be desired for a flag to only apply to a certain group of players rather than everyone that should enter the region. This can be achieved by specifying an additional “region group” when defining the flag, of which there are several options:

all (everyone)
members
owners
nonmembers
nonowners
The group can be specified using the -g marker as illustrated below:

/region flag spawn -g nonmembers pvp deny
It is not possible to set the same flag to different values for more than one group on the same region. If you need that functionality, consider making several regions." From: https://worldguard.enginehub.org/en/latest/regions/flags/
p.s. The correct term is recursive.

This is exactly what I would do, the question is how to I add 400+ people to it based on pre-existing permissions already stored in pex?
fl8k29t.png
Posted Feb 2, 19
Top Posters
1049 Posts
388 Posts
366 Posts
NoticeNotices