Turning Off Spawners Before You Log Off

5 replies
whiteshark445 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+280
Votes:
Untagged users
Hi I am very frustrated by this rule, I just want to know if there is a way to automate it so it automatically shuts off when I log out. The tech points thing doesn't bother me, but this is more of an unnecessary pain. I know there are probably circumstances that would prevent you from removing this rule possibly because of programming, but I hope that you employ the possibility.
Posted Dec 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 19, 18 by whiteshark...
Sand Dollar:
+489
Votes:
+667
500 likes
500 LIKES
Spawners are already one of the things that can cause a lot of lag even when setup "properly" or as best as they can to reduce the amount of lag they *do* cause. When you leave a spawner on, it really messes with chunk loading on the server and will (if a player visits that base and leaves, or sometimes just randomly) will cause the spawner to just kick on despite the fact that the chunk might not even be loaded.

The truth is that asking people to turn spawners off before they log out is the easiest and most reasonable solution to help prevent lag caused by this issue.
fl8k29t.png
Posted Dec 19, 18
List
Undo
Sanomi78 FURY
Sand Dollar:
+5,753
Votes:
+115
Clearly you have a point
CLEARLY YO...
Fury
Spawners are a real hazard when it comes to creating lag. It is not an unnecessary pain to have to turn them off. Keep in mind that every player is responsible for his or her own base and you cannot shift it towards the staff to solve it for you,
Posted Dec 19, 18
Agree
Dislike
List
Undo
whiteshark445 OUTSIDER
Sand Dollar:
+280
Votes:
Untagged users
Look I'm not trying to come across as rude I only asked because there are other infinity evolved servers that allow me to keep spawners on after I log out. So I'd rather just play elsewhere.
Posted Dec 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 19, 18 by whiteshark...
Sand Dollar:
+489
Votes:
+667
500 likes
500 LIKES
Look I'm not trying to come across as rude I only asked because there are other infinity evolved servers that allow me to keep spawners on after I log out. So I'd rather just play elsewhere.

I find myself saying this a lot; I actually dislike many of the rules we have too, despite the fact that I am one of the people that come up with them. I hate that they are necessary, but that's just it. They really *are* necessary. If we could from a technical standpoint figure out a way to prevent spawners that are left on when players logout from causing ten times more lag than they would normally cause, that would be great. But as it exists now when someone logs out and leave the spawner on, it does.

People's ME system loses power, it's ability to accept items turns off, and then a spawner is killing mobs and spewing out tons of items that it cannot pick up because it's full. Which then those tons of items start causing lag and boom; even if spawners could be left on when you're offline, you just broke the #1 rule on the server: Don't cause lag
fl8k29t.png
Posted Dec 20, 18
Sanomi78 FURY
Sand Dollar:
+5,753
Votes:
+115
Clearly you have a point
CLEARLY YO...
Fury
We don't allow it. We pride ourselves on being a very low-lag server and we would like it to stay that way!
Posted Dec 20, 18
Top Posters
1054 Posts
412 Posts
368 Posts
NoticeNotices